twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

Friday 6 February 2015

Perfect "gradient" eye brows!

Like many other girls, I’m on a constant quest for perfect, symmetrical eyebrows. I absolutely love those gradient eyebrows that start off soft and get darker further along the brow. This to me is the most gorgeous and elegant style for the brows. But unfortunately, it’s also the most difficult look to achieve. 

It’s easy to just go along with one colour, outline the shape of the brows and fill them in with an eyebrow pencil or even an eye shadow. But with the use of a couple more products that other people wouldn't typically use, you can easily create stunning and symmetrical brows! 

I recently tried out a few products that I knew would work well on my eyebrows. In fact, I know these products will work well for anyone, even if you have really sparse brows. The whole purpose of filling in your eye brows is to perfectly frame your face and to enhance your whole makeup look. 

The first product I decided to try out was the Mac Veluxe Brow Liner in the shade “Brunette”. 

 

I use this product to create the initial shape of my brows, but I start from the middle of the brow and outline all the way to the edge. What I love about most about this product is that it is an all-purpose product; it fills, shapes and defines the brows that leaves a matte finish. I always use the brush at the other end of the pencil to quickly shape the brows before I begin to fill them in. 

 

The next product I like to use on my brows is a Mac Eye Shadow in the colour Charcoal Brown. This colour is a muted taupe brown which is a perfect universal shade for the brows (unless yours are really light or really dark). For the most part though, this colour works pretty well on most people. I use this colour to fill in the brows to give them the colour I want. The eye shadow works so well, it lasts all day without fading, and it applies evenly. 

 

And last but not least, I fill in the inner corners of my eyes with Mac’s “Eye Brows” tool in the shade “Fling”. Although this shade is nowhere near the colour I want for my brows, it helps to create that gradient look that I like. The product is a crayon-like pen that adds colour and density, and again helps me create that beautiful gradient look that’s definitely an on-trend look right now. 

 

I know what you’re thinking, that’s a LOT of products to use just for your brows! And you’re right, it is! Sometimes I do skip some steps if I don’t have the time or I just don’t have the motivation to spend ages on my brows using multiple products, these are just some of my favourite products to use! Hope you give some of them a try; they really do help create astonishing brows! 

Thanks for reading! 

Alice D 





2 comments:

  1. I think brows are worth taking the time. I just use brown eyeshadow, but I can see things going even better with combination of shadows and pencils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I totally agree with you! Like I said I don't use all these products everyday, but sometimes it is worth taking the time so they can perfectly frame your face :)

      Delete

blogger template