twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

Friday 13 February 2015

How to get the perfect, classic red lip!

“I never really get too far from red lipstick, do I? I guess I just think my face looks worse without it. That’s pretty much the only rational behind it.” – Taylor Swift 

Every girl wants that classic, elegant and sophisticated red lip. Whether it’s for a party or a night out, or even just to wear with a cozy jumper while running errands for the day. The classic red lip can be worn for lots of different occasions, and it really amplifies and makes you look like a million dollars! 

 

Taylor Swift, Marilyn Monroe and Gwen Stefani just to name a few all classically show off their red lips, and it leaves everyday girls like us wondering how they did it! 

 Choosing the perfect colour according to your skin tone is the biggest task. My top tip for choosing the best colour is a simple principle; if you have fair skin like myself, go for a red lip colour with a blue under-tone to it. However if you have a darker skin tone, go for a red lip colour with a yellow under-tone. By doing this you’ll have a red lip that will work wonders with your natural skin tone. The biggest mistake that people make is by assuming that just because one specific shade of red looks good on one girl, that therefore means it’ll look good on you too. Not at all, red lip colours won’t work universally on every skin tone. So just shop around and be patient, you’ll find the right shade, I promise!

For me personally, I have really fair skin, so I went for a shade of red with a blue under-tone that I knew would work well with my skin tone. 

As some of you may already know, I’m a Mac addict! So of course I had to go for a few Mac colours!  

First I wanted to try a red lip pencil to make the look more complete. I decided to try out the Mac Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in the shade “Kiss me quick”, which is the most beautiful, universal shade that seamlessly lines the lips, ready for the lipstick! 

 

So now onto the lipstick! As an avid lover of all things Mac, I wanted to try out some of their red shades. And again because I’m fair skinned, a good friend of mine suggested that I try the colour “Ruby Woo”. It’s a vivid blue-red with a sophisticated matte finish, and it really gives the most amazing colour pay off you could ask for. It’s not too over-dramatic but it will still make that ultimate elegant red lip statement. 

 What I love the most about this lipstick is the formulation; it’s soft and moisturizing with the most amazing smell ever! If you own any Mac lipsticks yourself, you’ll know what I mean when I say how beautiful they smell! It makes applying the lipstick such a joy! 

 

I would definitely suggest this lipstick and of course this shade in particular! But like I said, you really have to search for the perfect shade for your skin tone. Don’t give up! Mac offer a colossal choice of red shades! Happy red lipstick hunting! 

 Thanks for reading!

Alice D 




2 comments:

  1. I love MAC lipsticks - especially in red shades! I've never tried the lip liners though.
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alex! Thanks for reading :) Mac lipsticks really are amazing, you should definitely try out they're lip liners, they're perfect for completing your makeup look!

      Alice D x

      Delete

blogger template