twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

Sunday 22 February 2015

Ben Nye Luxury Powder Review

Hey everyone! So today I wanted to review a product that I’ve have wanted to purchase for a very long time, and I finally got my hands on it! 

So I feel like everyone knows about the Ben Nye powders. Kim Kardashian pretty much put this product on the map within the beauty community, and as soon as she posted those famous selfies of herself applying the banana powder, it’s been on everyone’s must have lists! 

So I decided to try it out. Except I didn’t purchase the raved over banana powder, I instead purchased the shade “Cameo” as I’m extremely fair and I didn’t want the powder to look too yellow over my foundation. 

 

For those of you who may have already read my previous blog posts, you’ll know that I’m on a constant search for the perfect setting powder. So because this powder is so highly recommended I couldn’t wait to try it out! I had extremely high expectations of this powder seeing as everyone talks about it. I’m very pleased to say that it certainly lived up to those expectations! 

The powder is extremely finely milled and is very similar to a lot of high end powders out there, and in terms of application it can’t be beaten. This powder applies onto my foundation effortlessly and seamlessly. The only thing I was concerned about was the staying power, although it looked absolutely stunning on first application, I was worried that the powder would soon sweat off during the day. But for someone that has extremely oily skin this wasn’t an issue for me at all! It kept my foundation in place much longer than other powders have done; even those powders that have been advertised to specifically mattify your face. So in terms of flawlessly setting the foundation and staying power, I have to say this is one of the best (if not THE best) I’ve tried so far. 

 

The only thing that really lets this powder down is the packaging. A lot of people when reviewing this product have mentioned this and it unfortunately is a down side to the product. You have to get the powder out through a sieve, which definitely can get quite messy and is a bit of a disadvantage to what would otherwise be a 10/10 product. 

Other than the packaging this is hands down the BEST powder I have tried to this day! If you want a powder that will look flawless over foundation and will control perspiration, definitely try this out! I can’t be without it now! 

 Thanks for reading!

Alice D 


No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template