twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Mac Pro Longwear Pressed Powder Review!



Hand on my heart, Mac is honestly one of my favourite makeup brands of all time (along with Nars and Chanel to name a few!) But if I ever want to try out a new makeup product, I instantly check out Mac first. I don’t know what it is, but there’s just something walking out of a Mac store with a bag in hand full of beautiful new goodies. It just makes me happy (that’s not weird, right?) 

As I was going on a week long trip to Disneyland Paris, I knew it was going to be an incredibly hot week, and I knew I was going to be wearing makeup for long periods of time. I wanted to treat myself and try out some new makeup for my holiday that I knew was going to actually last under the heat. 

Obviously my new Nars All Day Luminous Weightless foundation helped a lot, and there will be a follow up blog on that foundation (so keep an eye out for that!) but I also wanted to try out a new pressed powder that would keep my foundation in place all day. 



Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely adore my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, it’s still a holy grail product and I will love it forever. But I wanted to try out the Mac Pro Longwear Pressed Powder because I’m a makeup junkie and this appealed to me, partly because it’s Mac, and partly because I wanted something new for my holiday. 

This powder promises to give a wet-proof velvet-matte finish that gives medium coverage and zero shine. For someone with extremely oily skin, this was obviously everything I look for in a powder, so I had to get my hands on it. 



What I love: 

-      It definitely does create a velvet matte finish that I love. I’ve always been a matte girl, unless a product was going to make my skin look completely matte, I didn’t want it. But since I’ve had compliments on how nice my skin looks when it has a slight dewy finish to it, I’ve been quite enjoying the finish that this powder gives me. 

     The choice of shades is amazing, which is typical of Mac. There’s nothing I hate more than finding a beautiful face product and realizing that there isn’t s shade to correctly match my skin. But you can always count of Mac (with any of their products) to provide you with the perfect match of your skin tone. 

     The packaging is beautiful and convenient. It’s a simple black case with a compact mirror. This is a God send for me since I was out wondering Disneyland all day and needed to check on my makeup and do any touch ups. 


      What I don’t love: 

      As much as I adore Mac’s products, this powder didn’t do anything special in terms of actual staying power when comparing it with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I find that the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, which is a much cheaper alternative, did almost exactly the same job as this powder, so in future I will continue on with my Stay Matte, and save my Pro Longwear for special occasions. 


 

     So that’s my thoughts on the Mac Pro Longwear Pressed Powder. Keep in mind that I have only been using this powder for around a week, so obviously I will be using the full product up. Overall I think it’s a beautiful powder that gives me a finish that is so beautiful it’s changed my mind on the dewy look, and I won’t be so obsessed with having a matte finish all the time. Let me know what you’re favourite Mac products are or if you’ve tried this product yourself, I’d love to know all your thoughts. 

     Thanks for reading! 

     Alice D x


  










-
-





No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template