twitter instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest

Friday 31 July 2015

First Impressions Review: Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation



“Happiest girls are the prettiest” – Audrey Hepburn 

The moment Nars brought out this foundation, I’ve been lusting over it and fantasizing about it. I can’t be the only one that does this surely?! So after purchasing this foundation I decided to write a first impressions blog post, then once I’ve finished the bottle or I feel like I have enough opinions on it after using it for a while, I’ll write a follow-up blog post with my overall thoughts. 

Nars is just one of those makeup brands that I constantly lust over and every girl deserves to own at least one thing from Nars! So naturally the moment I found out about it I knew it would be something for me. If you’ve read any of my previous blog posts you’ll know that I love the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation, because I love that weightless feeling on your skin. So naturally I knew I’d fall in love with the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless foundation, it’s like it was love at first sight! 



Nars have described this foundation as full coverage, but with a natural look to it that feels completely weightless on the skin. Did I mention that this foundation is also said to last 16 hours?! It’s a very liquidy foundation, so make sure you shake it well before applying! 

The packaging is absolutely stunning and very convenient in comparison to other Nars foundations. It actually comes with a pump! This is an absolute god send to all those Nars lovers out there! With other foundations you’d have to pay for a pump separately, but this foundation is conveniently provided with one. It’s a beautiful bottle with frosted glass and the iconic “Nars” name printed across the bottle. It’s simple but absolutely stunning! 



What I love: 

What I love about all Nars foundations is the broad choice of shades, and this foundation doesn’t disappoint either! There’s 20 shades to choose from, so there should be the perfect (or close to perfect) shade for most people! I personally have the shade “Siberia” which is the lightest shade available. 

The coverage is absolutely insane. Trust me; a little goes a long way with this foundation. 

It’s so easy to blend, definitely a perfect match if you’re a beginner with foundations! 

The finish for me is a perfect matte look, so for someone who has oily skin this is fabulous! 

It isn’t sticky at all! Is it just me, or do some foundations just feel really sticky on the skin?   Well this one definitely doesn’t, and it doesn’t seem like it will smudge much throughout the day either! 


What I don’t love: 

Although the packaging is absolutely stunning, it may be a bit difficult for those girls who travel a lot. It’s quite a hefty bottle and since its glass, you certainly don’t want to drop it! 

It doesn’t quite cover my blemishes. Other foundations I have tried are much better at covering any spots or blemishes, but since you’ll be using concealer to cover them, this shouldn’t really be an issue. 

It certainly isn’t going to suit all skin types. I have oily skin so I need something that is going to last all day and won’t look dewy or sweaty. However if you’ve got dry skin or you want a dewy look, I wouldn’t recommend this foundation. 

Overall first impressions: 

Overall this foundation has really impressed me so far. I adore the finish it gives me and how it’s suited to my skin type so well. I haven’t tried to see if it wears for the full 16 hours, but I have to say it definitely will last throughout the day and you shouldn’t need too many touch ups. I will be writing a follow up blog post once I’ve finished the bottle and let you know my thoughts. 

Thanks for reading! 

Alice D x  

   







  

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template